[squeak-dev] Will Newspeak be callable by external programs?

askoh askoh at askoh.com
Sun Feb 8 19:28:04 UTC 2009

For about a year now, I have been asking if Squeak can be called by external
programs, if it can be controlled by a non-Squeak program, if it can be used
to make plugins or addons in CAD programs. And I have not received an answer
that says that it is possible now nor anyone working on that for the future.
If Alien FFI can do it I would be most happy to try it immediately. Can the
author of Alien FFI give an authoritative answer to its capability to do the
above? Is there documentation to describe how? Thanks in advance.

All the best,
Aik-Siong Koh