[squeak-dev] variableSubclass:, variableWordSubclass:

Ang Beepeng beepeng86 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 16 10:31:47 UTC 2009

I try to write a class, Matrix, elements in the matrix will be store as an
array. As I need the array to be dynamic in size, I need an instance
variable to store the size of the array. But, it seems to be if the class is
variableWordSubclass: of another class, say ArrayCollection; no instance
variable can be create for that class.

I tried to use variableSubclass: as well. When I debug it, I get
MessageNotUnderstood: UndefinedObject.

Can anyone tell me what is the different between the two messages
variableSubclass: and variableWordSubclass:? Especially in term of instance
creation, initialize.