[squeak-dev] Re: CPU of headless Squeak Image

Udo Schneider Udo.Schneider at homeaddress.de
Wed Feb 18 14:53:54 UTC 2009

Michael Rueger schrieb:
> Squeak usually takes about 2-5% in my experience (due to some polling
> loops within the VM).
>
> Make sure you have no UI windows open before you save the image, even in
> headless state that can cause CPU usage.
Thanks for the hint - just tried this with no luck. :-(

I usually have an "Project uiProcess suspend" at the end of my startup
script - do I still have to close the windows then?

Just took a look at /config and it seems that IMHO the GC is running
quite often (two times a second). However even if I increase the heap it
stays with 15% ...

uptime			0h39m0s
memory			30,628,388 bytes
	old			26,569,316 bytes (86.7%)
	young		62,128 bytes (0.2%)
	used		26,631,444 bytes (87.0%)
	free		3,996,944 bytes (13.0%)
GCs				4,652 (503ms between GCs)
	full			2 totalling 1,496ms (0.0% uptime), avg 748.0ms
	incr		4650 totalling 15,179ms (1.0% uptime), avg 3.0ms
	tenures		18 (avg 258 GCs/tenure)

Any pointers?

CU,

Udo