[squeak-dev] [Election] Nomination period ends in 3 days!

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Thu Feb 19 11:17:51 UTC 2009

On 2/19/09 8:47 AM, "Bert Freudenberg" <bert at freudenbergs.de> wrote:

> As of late last year I'm not working full-time on Etoys development
> anymore (now on other Viewpoints Research projects). I'm still
> contributing of course, and in particular would like to see get Etoys
> and Squeak.org get closer together again, working together on a common
> base for all Squeak-based project seems like an obviously good idea to
> me.
>
> - Bert -

The reunification of forks should be first priority.
We need a common base (Pavel morphic core), with clear 4.0 status.
And this should load any actual and future Squeak.

No Squeakmap, no Universes, no Installer.
A modified CodeLoader, in the image as long as 1999, is enough.
A small .cs could be done and applied to all forks.

NO Traits.
They found the light !

Who think Morphic is a waste of time and claim they need do business, use
Vista

Who think we don't have VisualWorks solid, pay the same as VisualWorks ask
and we do.

Or end to JustTalk and begin to Smalltalk

Edgar, Advocatus Diaboli and Defensor del Pueblo