[squeak-dev] Squeak leadership team meeting notes for 2009-02-19

Craig Latta craig at netjam.org
Thu Feb 19 20:07:13 UTC 2009

Hi--

      Please contact me, directly or in this thread, with questions
about the team or any of its meetings.

-    Attending on 2009-02-19 were Bert, Craig, Edgar, Giovanni, Igor,
      Randal, and Yoshiki (everyone).

-    Randal reports no change in status for the web team's captcha
      project (to enable contact between the community and the leadership
      team via the website, without spam). He'll ping them again.

-    Craig describes recent Spoon (Squeak 5) development. He's
      duplicating editions from a headful history memory in a the minimal
      memory, thereby turning the latter into a headless history memory
      (see [1] for design terms). Then he'll have the pair of artifacts
      that form the next Spoon system: a minimal memory and a minimal
      history memory that manages changes. Craig's available time is
      reduced due to paid work.

-    Randal and Craig describe a recent email conversation they had with
      Bradley Kuhn and Karen Sandler from the Software Freedom
      Conservancy (president and legal counsel, respectively). Randal
      asked for more detail from the Conservancy about how to handle the
      significant code contributions for which we weren't able to obtain
      a license (as compiled by Matthew Fulmer). Bradley is setting up a
      time for a conference call.

      thanks,

-C