[squeak-dev] Re: Why the Board should have only seven seats ?

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Fri Feb 20 09:41:35 UTC 2009

On 20.02.2009, at 09:55, Edgar J. De Cleene wrote:

> Only I don't like the word Leaderships.

Me neither. "Board" has the longer tradition here, it's just not the
"board of directors" anymore, which only applied when we were trying
to create a separate Squeak Foundation.

Idea: I liked the term "Sugar Labs Oversight Board", and not only
because of its acronym. Does anybody have a backronym for "SQUIBs"? ;)

> We don't need people follow us as they don't was sheeps.
>
> We need run a enterprise as Apple , Disney, Sun, HP , etc.

Sorry, are we talking about the same community?

> So I like Board and all squeakers was our owners and bought "shares"
> of
> Squeak Inc each time they download Squeak.

Hehe. Not a bad thought :)

> So the Board needs a CEO ?

Don't think so, but in the past we usually chose a spokesperson for
the board, and appointed single members for specific tasks (like for
talking to the Software Freedom Conservancy).

- Bert -