[squeak-dev] [Ann] LevelPlayingField update

Keith Hodges keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Feb 23 05:40:08 UTC 2009

Dear All,

the nice folks at pbwiki.com have offered us the opportunity to upgrade
to version 2 of their software. Unfortunately for us this upgrade is not
optional, and breaks all of LevelPlayingField. Just to prove how nice
they really are they gave us just 1 month of notice.

To be fair I talked with their technical support reps and they attempted
to be very helpful. However the new flashy html based editor really isnt
good for our simple scripts. So as of now, LevelPlayingField is no
longer using installer.pbwiki.com for web hosted scripts. Our account
does have have 20Gb of file space which is still quite useful.

Installer now has a secondary package Installer-Scripts, a facility for
providing default answers to requests like so:

Installer install: 'Packages'.

Invocation is still via the usual means

command line usage:
1. squeak old.image http://installer.pbwiki.com/f/LPF.st SmalltalkImage
save=new.image
workspace usage:
2. HTTPSocket httpFileIn: 'installer.pbwiki.com/f/LPF.st'.
universe usage:
3. Installer universe install: 'Monticello15'. "(or Monticello16)"

regards

Keith