[squeak-dev] Squeak under the password

David Mitchell david.mitchell at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 16:58:04 UTC 2009

Don't know if its been done. I've done web, not client authentication in Squeak.

Would likely take some lock down steps to disable programmer facilities:
http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/518

Then you need to write some UI code that runs at startup to prompt for login:
http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/5892

Then you'd probably want some crypto to make sure you aren't storing
the passwords in the image. Wouldn't want some image/kernel hacker to
interrogate your .image file to find out the passwords.