[squeak-dev] Re: Board projects

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Tue Feb 24 03:29:54 UTC 2009

Craig Latta wrote:
>  > When a project is canceled it is the responsibility of the board
>  > liaison to clean up any damage that might have been created by
>  > premature commits.
>
>      Hmm, that could be quite difficult in practice. Why put that
> responsibility on the liaison, rather than the people most familiar with
> the code?

Well, if they are around and willing to do, yes, absolutely. The main
reason for putting the responsibility with the liaison is that at the
point where a project goes south the contributors might no longer be
available (temporarily or permanently). Plus, there can be situations
where you may want to keep certain things and not others - if that
happens I want the responsibility to lie with the liaison to decide what
stays and what must go. Finally, I want it to be clear for the liaison
that there can be real work involved if they decide to take on a project.

Cheers,
   - Andreas