[squeak-dev] Re: Announcements?

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Fri Feb 27 17:25:40 UTC 2009

Damien Cassou wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 5:24 PM, Andreas Raab <andreas.raab at gmx.de> wrote:
>> Does anyone have a canonical site for Announcements handy? Is there a Squeak
>> implementation?
>
> http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com/userblogs/vbykov/blogView?showComments=true&printTitle=Introducing_Announcements&entry=3310034894
>
> http://source.lukas-renggli.ch/announcements.html

Wow. That is really nice. I was just playing with it and two things
struck right away: How nice it is to be able to cross-reference events
via Cmd-Shift-N (references to class) without being distracted by
message names used to handle an event of the same name (i.e., self on:
#mouseDown send: #mouseDown to: aMorph). Secondly, there is finally a
way of documenting event types implicitly! (i.e., no more browse all
senders of #signal: and try to see if there's one that looks about right)

Looks like a prime candidate for a nice little BPP[1] to me ;-)

Cheers,
   - Andreas

[1]http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2009-February/134256.html