[squeak-dev] Re: n-core Smalltalk at work [Re: Hydra now can do mitosis]

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Fri Feb 27 17:50:51 UTC 2009

On 27-Feb-09, at 9:25 AM, Igor Stasenko wrote:

> Hydra wasn't ported on linux yet.
> Initially i created a Win32 VM. Then Matthew Fulmer started linux
> port, but it wasn't finished.
> There is also a Mac port, made by John M McIntosh , and he reported
> that he were able to run it.
> But its not complete - a lot of plugins need additional porting.

Last spring I ported Hyrda to the macintosh carbon VM, it ran, but
there were problems with
Sockets, plus it was a moving target, then Igor took some time off, so
I shelved further effort.

At thistime I don't see really building a new one (unless some has
funding). Did I mention it's a moving target?

However out of it I did separate out all the platform support API from
what VMMaker generates
and requires.  That effort then was folded into the iPhone VM and
documentation on the isqueak.org site.

--
=
=