[squeak-dev] Re: Burn the Squeak Image! (Why I am running for board)

edgar De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Sat Feb 28 21:52:46 UTC 2009

--- El sáb 28-feb-09, Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com> escribió:

> >  KernalImage doesn't have a GUI.
> >>

> > Here's a bit more background; Eliot is this
> headless enough?
>

> Yes, this looks good.  I would still prefer to go that
> little bit further
> and construct the core image from first principles, e.g.
> using John
> Maloney's MicroSqueak, as I described earlier in this
> thread.  But Pavel's
> headless core looks to me to be functionally the right
> starting point.  In
> any case it can be used to derive the other images while
> the
> first-principles bootstrap is being built (if it
> doesn't exist already).

This first principles you said could be the Fenix image and technique of Alejandro Reimondo (Chachara files)
I take his technique and image and could do a partial port to SqueakLightII and have success in build some of his examples for Big Endian (PPC) , the original was for Windows only (Intel).

      Yahoo! Cocina
Recetas prácticas y comida saludable
http://ar.mujer.yahoo.com/cocina/