[squeak-dev] Balloon3D

Ramiro Diaz Trepat ramiro at diaztrepat.name
Sun Jan 4 13:36:26 UTC 2009

Hi all,
I was thinking of including some 3D charts on a little quantitative finance
framework I am working on in my spare time.  I don't want to achieve any
avant garde 3D things, something that resembles what spreadsheets do would
be fine.
I found the Balloon3D framework, that seems to be really fabulous.
Although I had a bit of trouble installing and running some of the examples.
I have no previous experience whatsoever in 3D graphics, so my questions
are:
- What are the best sources to learn about Balloon3D?
- Maybe some other pointers to learn the general basics of 3D graphics.  But
again, I don't want to become an expert on this matter, I would like to know
enough to work well with the existing tools.

Thanks !