[squeak-dev] loading VM for the Mac

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Sun Jan 11 17:05:40 UTC 2009

>>>>> "Trygve" == Trygve Reenskaug <trygver at ifi.uio.no> writes:

Trygve> I am expecting a visit from a Mac user and try to prepare for the installation
Trygve> of Squeak on his machine. The task proves too hard for my limited brain.

Trygve> I go to http://www.squeak.org/Download/

Trygve> First I try to download latest release for Mac. I get a Zip file with two
Trygve> directories:
Trygve>    __MACOSX
Trygve> and
Trygve>   Squeak3.10.2-7179-basic

You downloaded the link in the light green box in the right column, labelled
"mac"?

Trying that now.

I get a folder named ~/Downloads/Squeak3.10.2-7179-basic

and inside that, I see the vm, .image, .changes, and .sources file.

Maybe you have a bizarre unzipper.