[squeak-dev] loading VM for the Mac

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Sun Jan 11 18:37:50 UTC 2009

On 11-Jan-09, at 9:19 AM, Javier Diaz-Reinoso wrote:

>> The Download page also has links into the individual files. I now
>> have to choose between MacOSX (Universal) and MacOS 7.5.5 to 9.2. A
>> Mac user would know what to choose here. I hope the choice isn't
>> the latter, because MacOS 7.5.5 to 9.2 is a dead link. MacOSX
>> (Universal) lead to the above mentioned two subdirectories, but
>> with different contents?

I note

http://www.squeak.org/Download/

the link MacOS 7.5.5 to 9.2
is in fact broken
looks like some remove the file

http://ftp.squeak.org/current_stable/mac/Squeak%203.8.9beta7.app.sit

If someone can copy the sit file from

http://homepage.mac.com/johnmci/FileSharing.html

that would be helpful.

Also I note the Squeak 3.8.20beta1U.app.zip
is the most current VM and I think can be distributed now, you can
find a copy at

ftp://ftp.smalltalkconsulting.com/Squeak%203.8.20beta1U.app.zip

I note in one place (the green downloads pane) we point to the 3.10
directory
  http://ftp.squeak.org/3.10/mac/Squeak3.10.2-7179mac.zip
which btw contains a Squeak 3.8.18beta3U.app.zip
but the
MacoSX (Universal) we point to http://ftp.squeak.org/3.9/mac/Squeak%203.8.18beta1U.app.zip

I would think the MacoSX (Universal) should point to the 3.10 directory?
Also pointing and using the 3.8.20beta1U VM would be helpful

--
=
=