[squeak-dev] PreCompiled OSProcessPlugin for Win32

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Mon Jan 12 02:06:38 UTC 2009

On Sun, Jan 11, 2009 at 11:14:53PM +0100, Udo Schneider wrote:
> All,
>
> is there a source to download a precompiled OSProcessPlugin for Win32?

Sorry, no.

> I'm currently getting compile errors trying to do it on my own:
> ../.././src/Win32OSProcessPlugin/Win32OSProcessPlugin.c:39:
> FilePlugin.h: No such file or directory
> ../.././src/Win32OSProcessPlugin/Win32OSProcessPlugin.c:40:
> SocketPlugin.h: No such file or directory
>
> I'm not quite sure where to search as I don't undertand the Squeak Build
> system.

The easiest work-around for this is just to copy these two files:
  platforms/Cross/plugins/FilePlugin/FilePlugin.h
  platforms/Cross/plugins/SocketPlugin/SocketPlugin.h

into a directory for the OSPP:
  platforms/win32/plugins/FilePlugin/FilePlugin.h
  platforms/win32/plugins/SocketPlugin/SocketPlugin.h

One other thing you need to know: For Windows, there is a security feature
in FilePlugin that causes several of the OSProcessPlugin primitives to fail.
You can "fix" this by disabling the security function. Edit the file
platforms/win32/vm/sqWin32HandleTable.h and disable the function
IsHandleInTable() by having it just return a 1. I assume that this will
void the warranty on your Windows VM ;) but as far as I know it will cause
no problems for your own personal use.

HTH,
Dave