[squeak-dev] PreCompiled OSProcessPlugin for Win32

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Mon Jan 12 01:53:32 UTC 2009

On Sun, Jan 11, 2009 at 11:14:53PM +0100, Udo Schneider wrote:
> All,
>
> is there a source to download a precompiled OSProcessPlugin for Win32?

Sorry, no.

> I'm currently getting compile errors trying to do it on my own:
> ../.././src/Win32OSProcessPlugin/Win32OSProcessPlugin.c:39:
> FilePlugin.h: No such file or directory
> ../.././src/Win32OSProcessPlugin/Win32OSProcessPlugin.c:40:
> SocketPlugin.h: No such file or directory
>
> I'm not quite sure where to search as I don't undertand the Squeak Build
> system.

This is just a missing make file for the plugin, but the easiest way
to work around it is to copy the the files platforms/win32/plugins/FilePlugin/FilePlugin.h
and platforms/win32/plugins/SocketPlugin/SocketPlugin.h into a directory
for OSProcessPlugin:
  platforms/win32/plugins/Win32OSProcessPlugin/FilePlugin.h
  platforms/win32/plugins/Win32OSProcessPlugin/SocketPlugin.h

One other thing you need to know: Some of the OSPP primitives will not work
on Windows due to conflicts with the Windows implementation of FilePlugin.
You can "fix" this by disabling the function IsHandleInTable() in the file
platforms/win32/vm/sqWin32HandleTable.h (just edit it to return a 1).
Obviously this would violate the intention of the FilePlugin implemention
for Windows, so it is not suitable for distribution of a pre-compiled OSPP.
But for your own personal use, I am not aware of any problems that result
from disabling the sqWin32HandleTable.

Dave