[squeak-dev] Mouse Move on a Touch Screen ??

Derek O'Connell doconnel at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 12:03:22 UTC 2009

On my notebook the touch-pad is perfectly usable with Squeak. Putting
a finger on it does not generate a mouse-click at the first instance
and I can move the pointer around then lift and touch down again for a
short period to get a left click. My guess is this behaviour is
determined at driver level but I will look soon to see if it can be
replicated on the N810. This is only a part solution for general
Squeak usage though because things need scaling for such a small
screen... we need a "Mobile Squeak" edition.

Genie works fine on the Nokia tablets but again the GUI needs
rehashing for the small screen.

DOC