[squeak-dev] gettext support?

Matthew Fulmer tapplek at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 16:45:12 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 12:27:14PM +0100, Janko Miv??ek wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Just FYI, I'm just working on translation support in Aida and this one
> won't use some external files and gettext, but will rather store
> translations directly into class side methods.
>
> Rationale for such approach is the same as it is for storing web images
> into the methods: it is easier to store translations along with the code
> into our versioning systems, easier to install, easier to maintain.
>
> Maybe we can later make this approach more generally available as a
> separate package? Anyone interested?

Keith Hodges removed the need for this silly workaround in
MC1.5. MC1.5 is able to version control files. So you can
version files with Squeaksource by upgrading your MC client:

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2008-December/133031.html

You can install Monticello 1.5 either through universes
(category "Group Development"), or via SqueakMap