[squeak-dev] Sync "package-cache" & "HTTP repository"

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Wed Jan 14 09:13:36 UTC 2009

On 14.01.2009, at 09:58, HwaJongOh wrote:

> I have a package that has two repositories in Monticello.
> One is 'package-cache' my local folder, and the other is
> SqueakSource HTTP
> repository.
>
> I have a mcz file in 'package-cache' folder with a version number.
>
> What I'm trying to do is to copy(or upload) to SqueakSource HTTP
> repository
> without version number increment.
>
> PS: How do I sync vice versa(from HTTP to package-cache)

You open the repository you want to copy from, select the version you
want to copy, press the copy button, and select the repository you
want to copy to from the pop-up menu.

> PS2: What if I have more the 2 repositories and want to sync them all?

You repeat that step for each repo. I don't think there is an
automatic way (unless you write a script, either in Squeak or
externally).

There is one trick - when you just saved a new version, an inspector
on that new snapshot comes up. You can save that version to another
repository from this window.

- Bert -