[squeak-dev] "position" or "location"?

Joshua Gargus schwa at fastmail.us
Sun Jan 18 02:45:15 UTC 2009

I don't know of any difference in the connotation of the two words,
but "location" would probably sound a bit odd to anyone who spends a
lot of time with graphics code.  If you want to also be explicit about
an object's orientation, "translation" is also a synonym for position/
location that you might use.

You might also want to bug Dan Amelang from Viewpoints to see if he's
recently written anything about Gezira (roughly speaking, a more
advanced version of Cairo).

Cheers,
Josh