[squeak-dev] Re: Updating Universe

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Sun Jan 18 20:11:36 UTC 2009

Hi -

Maybe someone can help me with this. I was trying to put up a reconciled
version of Balloon3D into the 3.10 universe and I can't get it to work.
Originally there were a bunch of Balloon3D packages registered in
universes. Trying to remove them failed as I am not the listed author,
so I thought I'll ignore that for the moment and just publish a new
version that people can use for testing. No luck - apparently only the
owner can post new versions of the package. Okay, so I asked the listed
owner if he could remove the packages for me so that I could simply
publish the package from scratch. Which he did, but even so, I cannot
publish a package by the name "Balloon3" - all I get is an error saying
"Error: adding package Balloon3D failed (package is owned by another)".

Any ideas? I'm kinda stuck here.

Cheers,
   - Andreas