[squeak-dev] Using a plugin?

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Fri Jan 23 20:35:52 UTC 2009

On 23-Jan-09, at 11:30 AM, Jan van de Sandt wrote:

> Hello John,
>
> I'm using a recent Squeak VM, version 3.10.2-7179 and I use windows.
>
> Thank you for the information, I followed the steps you describe. I
> now discovered that the plugin does work, at least partially. I can
> download contents using http via the plugin. The method that gives a
> primitiveFailed error is "Curl curlVersion". So the general
> mechanism works only a specific message gives an error.
>
> Jan.

Let me add another point

(f) the primitive can fail if the smalltalk code does not match the
plugin code. Like using  newer smalltalk code with older plugin.

In this case
curlVersion
	<primitive: 'primCurlVersion' module: 'CurlPlugin'>
	^self primitiveFailedInvalidCurlHandle

where the primCurlVersion appears to be added in march of 2007 so I
wonder when the curl windows dll was compiled and what code base it
used.

If the Smalltalk code contains SUnits (in this case CurlTests) you
should run them and see what happens.

--
=
=