[squeak-dev] Re: SwaLint

Tobias Pape Das.Linux at gmx.de
Wed Jan 28 10:41:09 UTC 2009

Hello, Mariano

Am 2009-01-28 um 02:00 schrieb Mariano Martinez Peck:

> Ok. Thanks. Let me know when It is up.

I will do.

> I would like to do a revision with SwaLint before the first stable
> release of SqueakDBX and I don't know how to install and use it.

here, a short synopsis.
You need
	- a Squeak Image >= 3.9
	- AST from SqueakMap
	- Refactoring Engine from SqueakMap (provides SmallLint, btw).
	- SwaLint form SqueakMap

Then, you should be able to find SwaLint in the open
Menu. (Or, do 'SwaLint open')

Usage as follows:
	- Select the categories to test in the leftmost pane
	(right-click gives you more advanced selection possibilities)
	- Select the classes to test in the right next pane
	(again, right-click gives you more advanced selection possibilities)
	- Select the test categories in the upper right pane
	- Select the actual tests to carry out in the lower right pane
	(again, right-click gives you more advanced selection possibilities)

	-Click “Configure” to set some preferences for the test
	(e.g., which SmallLint test shall show up)
	-Click “Run Tests“ to run the tests

Then, a window should appear, presenting the test results.
- In the lower pane, right clicking will give you advanced sorting and
selecting options
	You can browse the targets of the tests there, too
- Selecting in the upper panes selects, with tests/classes results
will be shown

I hope this provides enough information to start using SwaLint.
Don‘t hesitate to ask further questions.

So long,
	-Tobias