[squeak-dev] OB Package Browser and Shout Workspace

Damien Cassou damien.cassou at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 07:24:07 UTC 2009

Hi Daniel,

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 6:18 PM, Daniel Klein <danielkleinad at gmail.com> wrote:
> I installed these from SqueakMap but I can't figure out how to start them.
> They don't appear in the World > open... menu and I can't find them in the
> System Browser.
> I'm on Windows running Squeak3.10.2-7179.

If you are not completely familiar with Squeak, I advise you to use
squeak-dev images:
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st/seaside/pier/Smalltalk/squeak-dev.

In them, I install and configure a lot of useful tools for developers
, like OB package browser and shout workspace.

If you still want to build your own image from scratch, please use
Universe instead of SqueakMap because it's more up-to-date on the
development packages at least. You will find more information about
universe and code browsers on the previous url too. For shout
workspace, execute 'SHWorkspace open'

> Could it be that these are not compatible with my Squeak version?

No, that should be fine.

> How do I get older Squeak VMs (like 3.9 and 3.7) if I need them?

http://www.squeakvm.org/win32/release/

Bye

--
Damien Cassou