[squeak-dev] what was the index of TheInputSemaphore in older VMs?

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Thu Jan 29 12:34:50 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 02:03:55PM -0800, John M McIntosh wrote:

> In *theory* *cough* you should be able to take a current mac vm and
> open a squeak image from 1995, if any one cares to try, please let me
> know if it works.

A Squeak 2.8 image, circa about 2000, is still usable, but Squeak 1.1
from 1997 is not.

Older images have all of what is now called "VMMaker" in the base
image, so it's a good idea to keep a couple of these older images
at hand (ftp.squeak.org). Going back to Squeak 3.4 (a good solid
version) is usually far enough back to answer questions like this.

Dave