Usability and look-and-feel (was Re: [squeak-dev] The future of Squeak & Pharo (was Re: [Pharo-project] [ANN] Pharo MIT license clean))

Ryan Simmons ryan.craig.simmons at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 10:59:33 UTC 2009

Rita, that is very interesting as I was wondering about whether the
"show code textually" was actually used by kids/students. I do wish
that EToys was in some ways more accessible as I always feel that I am
about to break everything, I have lost count of the number of times I
have quit squeak without saving to be able to recover the original
version of a project I was working on, and I am sure that there is an
easier way of doing this but I could not find it.

It would be great if there was more documentation out there and there
where more resources for teaching smalltalk, I found it sad when I
heard on FLOSS Weakly 66 that programs where being written for the
OLPC in HTML / Javascript because smalltalk was seen as being
difficult.