Usability and look-and-feel (was Re: [squeak-dev] The future of Squeak & Pharo (was Re: [Pharo-project] [ANN] Pharo MIT license clean))

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Wed Jul 1 12:57:03 UTC 2009

Göran Krampe wrote:
> Juan Vuletich wrote:
>> If we ever build enough momentum, may I suggest using Cuis as the
>> first target of such efforts? If that happened Cuis could become the
>> basis for this new Squeak.
>
> Hey, what is the homepage of Cuis? Do you have one? :) I downloaded it
> yesterday but was looking for more "words" about it. But I should fire
> it up of course and take a look.
>
> regards, Göran

I barely started writing it one night 2 weeks ago when I dumped a big
cup of hot coffee on my laptop. It died instantly. I removed the
battery, the disk, put it in the kitchen sink (the real one!) and poured
perhaps 20 liters of water over it to remove the coffee from inside.
Then I completely disassembled it and dried each part. I put it together
and incredibly it survived!

But that night I was too tired to go back to work... And later I forgot
about it.

I apologize for the rant... Here it is now:
http://www.jvuletich.org/Cuis/Index.html . It is just a start! Anyway,
please download it from http://www.jvuletich.org/Cuis/Cuis1.0-0204.zip .
The three open workspaces are much better than my words to give you a
glimpse of what is it about.

I didn't say this in the web, but Cuis is the ongoing result of 5 years
of cleaning and refactoring. It is used by several people daily, in 2
commercial projects. We have a product based on it that has been shipped
to customers for about a year now.

Cheers,
Juan Vuletich