[squeak-dev] Squeak vision

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 01:56:58 UTC 2009

2009/7/2 Juan Vuletich <juan at jvuletich.org>:
> Igor Stasenko wrote:
>>
>> 2009/7/2 Juan Vuletich <juan at jvuletich.org>:
>>

>>> Hi Ian,

>>> This means that in order for your vision to become a reality, you need to
>>> work on it or pay somebody to work on it. For instance, Cuis exists
>>> because
>>> I wanted such a system, so I built it. If it is useful for others, great.
>>> If
>>> not, at least I did get what I wanted in the first place.
>>>

>> No No No. Don't let us start over again!
>> By reading this message, it sounds literally:
>> - you don't like Squeak? Do like me: Fix things what you don't like
>> ..... in own fork.
>>

> Not at all. It means literally:
> - It would be great to have Etoys as a package on top of Squeak (as Ian
> says). (That's exactly what I tried to do when I was the Morphic Team leader
> 4 or 5 years ago, btw.) However, saying that and not being able to get it
> done is useless.

Okay. So lets focus on things which can be done then.

Because after reading this topic, and especially last messages, i got
an impression that i can answer simply to the main question of Squeak:

Q: What is Squeak?
A: Anything you like it to be.
(next should be written with very small letters)
But only after you spend half of your life making it.

Sorry for sarcasm.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.