[squeak-dev] A New Community Development Model

Keith Hodges keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jul 2 11:20:34 UTC 2009

The existing community development model works fine enough.

1. Submit changes as change sets to mantis.

2. Bob builds and tests the changes in a basic image, a dev image and a
full image

While you need your changes, and await the release with your fixes
integrated into it, you can load them manually from Mantis.

3. When Bob builds the new release he automatically loads changesets
from mantis, and fills in the MC repositories together with commit messages.

The result is an image that looks as though it has been managed with MC,
but the work is submitted in changesets that we all prefer.

This is an open process, and you can see what is due for inclusion or
not by querying mantis.

Now if certain members of the board would volunteer to contribute to the
process, rather than replacing it without discussion, we would all be a
lot better of.

best regards

Keith