[squeak-dev] http://source.squeak.org/trunk is now at 3.10.2

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Fri Jul 3 07:31:24 UTC 2009

Folks -

Just as a short update the repository at http://source.squeak.org/trunk
is now at 3.10.2. I have copied the original packages from 3.10 and
created commits from the deltas that were in 3.10.2. I would appreciate
if some of you could test the update process by doing the following:

* Download the "original" 3.10 release at
   http://ftp.squeak.org/3.10/Squeak3.10-7159-basic.zip

* Point Monticello to http://source.squeak.org/trunk and load the latest
version of MonticelloConfigurations to ensure you have the needed fixes
for the next step.

* Execute the following doIt:
   MCMcmUpdater updateFromRepositories: #(
     'http://source.squeak.org/trunk'
   )

Sit back, fetch a cup of coffee, read the newspaper, relax ;-) A little
while later the process should complete and you should be in the same
state as the 3.10.2 release. In addition, your version has been updated
so that the next time you can just go to the World menu, Help, and
choose "update code from server" (or use the Squeak flap) and you will
update automatically from source.squeak.org (thanks Edgar!).

The next step will be integrating the fixes that are already marked for
3.11. I did a quick test and it looks like Installer is the ticket here
but unfortunately, I ran into some issues with the actual fixes so this
will have to wait just a little while longer. (I'm hoping I'll get
around to most of it on the weekend)

Cheers,
   - Andreas