[squeak-dev] Re-liason proposal

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sat Jul 4 04:22:49 UTC 2009

On Sat, Jul 04, 2009 at 05:43:29AM +0300, Igor Stasenko wrote:
> Because of a disturbing events which came after Andreas announced new plan,
> that release team member(s) not seeing their own place under this
> plan, and think it can seriously endanger/cancel all what have been
> done during last few years,
> i proposing on a next board meeting to invite a release team members
> to discuss the problem(s) and find a compromise/solution which would
> satisfy everyone.

There is no way to say this without hurting someone's feelings, so
let me just say it plainly: Andreas' proposal is absolutely the right
thing to do. I strongly support it, and I strongly support the board's
approval for moving forward on implementing the process.

> This disturbance & fighting is the last thing i expected to occur,
> when i gave my vote for Andreas proposal.

It is right for the board to have this discussion, and hopefully a
consensus will emerge from it. Nevertheless, there are times when not
everyone will be happy, and this may be one of those times. Hurt
feelings or no, let's do the right thing and move forward.

Dave