[squeak-dev] Re-liason proposal

Keith Hodges keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Jul 4 10:22:13 UTC 2009

Ian Trudel wrote:
> This is surprising that the release team hasn't been consulted on the
> back of this idea.
Thats what I thought too, but surprising isn't the word I used.
>  The board is newly elected and hopefully they will
> take such things into consideration next time.

There is a high attrition rate among those who have tried being in the
release team. The new process was supposed to help with that, by moving
to a more automated system.
> However, as far as I understand, the new community development model
> is experimental and open to re-evaluation by all means.
Oh right, where does it say that?
> And it
> certainly does not get rid of the need to have a release team.
>
> It's not time to get upset or offended by such things.
Its a bit late for that.
> But it is
> always the right time to voice concerns.
>
> Other questions come to my mind. Does the release team read this
> mailing list?
I in particular had expressly expressed a desire NOT to be involved in
discussions about the release in squeak-dev, for various reasons.
Andreas for one knew this. Previous release-teams have had no problem
whatsoever in conducting relevant discussions on the release mailning list.
> They could have shared their opinion during the
> discussions, like everybody else. What the release team think about
> the new model? Would they change or add anything?

Ian I have made my view quite clear, the new model replaces ALL the work
of the release team with something entirely innappropriate. Please read
my previous email for a detailed explanation.

Keith