[squeak-dev] SSL problems talking to google data

C. David Shaffer cdshaffer at acm.org
Sat Jul 4 17:16:41 UTC 2009

Using:

SSL-rww.4 (and .3)
Cryptography-RJT.10
Squeak 3.10.2-7179-basic

I'm trying to perform an OAuth authentication against google data.  The
first URL I need to contact is:

|https://www.google.com/accounts/OAuthGetRequestToken

Unfortunately opening an SSL socket to this URL produces a socket in the
"Closed" state even before any HTTP request information can be sent:

socket := SSLSocket newConnection: 'www.google.com'|| port: 443.
(Delay forMilliseconds: 500) wait.
socket

prints

 a SSLSocket - Closed

I've successfully used my OAuth code against IBM's Jazz/JFS server so I
know that the SSL in my image is "mostly working."  I'm only guessing
that something is going wrong during the SSL handshake but I don't know
how to debug it.

David