[squeak-dev] Re: Squeak Forks Popularity & Trends Estimate

Nevin Pratt nevin at bountifulbaby.com
Mon Jul 6 01:56:59 UTC 2009

Andreas Raab wrote:
> Nevin -
>
> Now that's a -5 troll if I've ever seen one. Please, everyone let's
> not get into pointless "oh, my god, the sky is falling" discussions.
>
> At Squeak.org we got our work carved out for us. Here is what we need
> to concentrate on: Fix our processes, enable contributions, discuss
> strategy. Part of that strategy discussion obviously needs to include
> positioning but there is really no point in dwelling about who is the
> most popular Squeak in town.
>
> Cheers,
>   - Andreas

It's not intended to be a troll.  Right now we are running a large (to
me) commercial website on Squeak/Seaside, but Seaside seems to be moving
to Pharo.  Do I move to?  I've got a commercial interest in this, and
anything I do involves costs.  I'd like to minimize those costs, if at
all possible.

And, there's nothing wrong with your opinion-- it's another data point,
and I thank you for it.  It shows strong support for the base Squeak
distro, and that's what my site is running right now.  I'm glad to see
that support.

Nevin