[squeak-dev] Re: Re-liason proposal

Nicolas Cellier nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 08:07:46 UTC 2009

2009/7/6 Ian Trudel <ian.trudel at gmail.com>:

> Besides, you're also missing the trick when it comes to contribution.
> On one side, there is quick and simple community development process,
> based on MC repositories, and on the other side, some matis+installer
> mantis+...+whatever. While the later might better fit to the release
> process, it is not the case when it comes to contributions.

That raises the question: where will we find a database for tracing
changes and providing some rationale?
Mantis might be unefficient, but discussions in a mailing list does
not cover much of mantis classification features.
Can it be the work of the release team to classify and document the
work from other guys? I bet they would soon be flooded.
It's also important to trace why a change has not been accepted. A
mailing list is too much a short memory and some subjects might come
back recursively.

Andreas' proposition is certainly worth a try, but I don't see yet how
these questions will be addressed.

Nicolas