[squeak-dev] Re: Re-liason proposal

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Mon Jul 6 20:51:41 UTC 2009

On 6-Jul-09, at 10:49 AM, Ken Causey wrote:
> Nicolas, I share you concerns.  It should be remembered that I was one
> of the major proponents of switching from using the mailing list as
> our
> bug tracker to the use of a bug tracker and supported at least
> temporarily settling on Mantis.
>
> But the reality is that it has been years now and very very few people
> in this community make use of Mantis and no viable alternative has
> appeared.  You are certainly one of the exceptions but you are in
> small
> company I'm afraid.

Well for Sophie we made extensive use of Mantis, because it did work
to collect bugs. Fixing them was another issue.

But I think you all miss the point that you need to make it easy. Why
can't I have a submit walkback to Mantis or
to the Squeak Bug Reporting Czar? Or a menu item to submit a bug or
feature request/whaterever on a menu somewhere.

Many times you are faced with some walkback you have no-idea why and
there is no process to make the capture
of that easy, yet the environment would let me bundle that up and POST
to a webserver somewhere, if there was support
for such a concept.

--
=
=