[squeak-dev] Re: Re-liason proposal

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Mon Jul 6 23:13:11 UTC 2009

> I don't miss that point at all.  But you have to realize that I don't
> see a problem with using Squeak as it is.  I've made a video showing
> how
> to do this at least in once scenario.  Does this mean I don't think it
> could be easier?  Absolutely not, but it does mean that I'm not at all
> certain what 'easier' means in this context.
>
> For years how I have dealt with a number of situations where someone
> comes up and says the equivalent of 'Mantis sucks'.  And so I then try
> to engage them in a conversation designed at my understanding of what
> about Mantis sucks in their opinion and how it could be improved.
> Not a
> single time have a been able to get a concrete proposal or
> explanation.
>
> In this case you make a couple of suggestions.  I grant you that, but
> actually implementing them requires significantly more fleshing out of
> the proposals.
>
> Ken

What's missing is the simple part, I can see it as.

(a) download a developer image

(b) start it up, you get asked say you want to be a developer and
contribute? Yes -> collect that information, MIT license agreement etc.

(c) walkback/whatever -> send that information off to the Squeak Bug
Czar?   At this point I don't care too much what the information is
given (b) who ever sits in the role of the Bug Czar can email back to
the person and collect more information.  As you've realized once
you can talk to the person you can get them to do what is required.

--
=
=