[squeak-dev] Re: Usability and look-and-feel (was Re: The future ofSqueak & Pharo (was Re: [Pharo-project] [ANN] Pharo MIT licenseclean))

David Corking lists at dcorking.com
Thu Jul 9 10:48:46 UTC 2009

Igor Stasenko wrote:

>>> I tried OB on
>>> Pharo when I was looking into some FFI troubles. The main noticable
>>> difference was *incredible* sluggishness. Every single action was greeted
>>> with a 2-5 seconds pause. I kid you not.
> I've seen a discussion , related to this in Pharo list and related to
> improving the speed.

Igor, I saw your February post, so I see the low-hanging fruit has
been harvested:
http://lists.gforge.inria.fr/pipermail/pharo-project/2009-February/005188.html

However the June pharo-dev image is slow to draw new OB windows.  (I
didn't try more recent updates)  Is OmniBrowser in Squeak equally as
slow?

As an alternative: tips to avoid frequently opening new windows may be useful.