[squeak-dev] Problem with TrueTypeFonts

Esteban Lorenzano estebanlm at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 16:21:28 UTC 2009

Hi list,
I'm having a problem when trying to use TrueTypeFonts on latest
squeak-dev image from damien.

This is the problem: I install TrueTypeFonts from universe, it loads
FFI 3.9.1 and itself.
Then, I change the code font, like this:

Preferences setDefaultFonts: #(
		(setCodeFontTo:			Arial				10)
	).

(I'm using a Mac, btw)

The fonts change is fine, if I open a class browser now I see the code
in a nice new font.
Then, I open a workspace... first, I type some characters, like say
"hello, world"... everything is ok (workspace shows me the string in
arials, and in red color as expected).
Now I want to type anything in capital letters, let say "Hello,
world"... and then I have the following error:

GrafPort(Object)>>primitiveFailed
GrafPort(BitBlt)>>copyBitsColor:alpha:gammaTable:ungammaTable:
FreeTypeFont>>displayLineGlyphOn:from:to:
FreeTypeFont>>displayUnderlineOn:from:to:
LogicalFont>>displayUnderlineOn:from:to:
MultiDisplayScanner>>displayLine:offset:leftInRun:
MultiNewParagraph>>displayOn:using:at:
FormCanvas>>paragraph:bounds:color:
TextMorphForShout(TextMorph)>>drawOn:

Any idea?