[squeak-dev] Re: [Pharo-project] Just a little point

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Fri Jul 10 16:25:57 UTC 2009

Hi Keith -

Let's cut this discussion short a little since I don't think either one
of us is going to convince the other. To summarize, my position is that
yes, you've done some interesting work with SUnit, but the reality is
that this doesn't entitle you to anything. If you want your code to be
used you've got to create trust into what you've done (i.e., have users)
and you've got to convince others to include it (i.e., work with the
distros). This goes for anything we do in open source but doubly so if
core packages are involved.

Cheers,
   - Andreas