[squeak-dev] Stylesheets for morphic?

Milan Zimmermann milan.zimmermann at sympatico.ca
Sat Jul 11 19:56:30 UTC 2009

On June 5, 2009, Bert Freudenberg wrote:
> On 05.06.2009, at 06:13, Milan Zimmermann wrote:
> >
> > techique

> > smalltalk

> > > In Sophie we used XUL and CSS to build the UI :-)
> > > Using Tweak, not Morphic though. The basic principle shouldn't be to
> > > hard to apply to Morphic or other frameworks.
> > >
> > > Michael
> >
> > So part of Sophie is essentially XUL renderer, similar to Gecko?
>
> Depends on what you mean by "essentially". Gecko renders HTML, Sophie
> does not.

I should have asked "so there is a module in Sophie that can render XUL into
Tweak UI" .. I guess answer to this narrower question is there is. Which makes
Sophie one of the few XUL renderers in existence, apart from Gecko and few
Java based, as far as I can tell. It sounds like the Sophie module also allows
Tweak widgets rendering defined by CSS ...

> The Sophie UI (dialogs etc.) is specified using XUL - it describes how
> big a dialog is, where to place which widgets, and how they should
> look. These attributes come from cascading style sheets (CSS) so they
> are properly inherited / overridden by sub-controls. But the actual
> widgets such styled are regular Tweak widgets (though style support
> was added).

yes..

Thanks, Milan