[squeak-dev] [Chronology] is this patch OK? 0007356: DateAndTime fromSeconds: 0.5 => walkback, broken since Mantis 4669

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sat Jul 11 22:07:21 UTC 2009

Brent, G?ran,

I have a patch for Chronology on http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=7356
(7356: DateAndTime fromSeconds: 0.5 => walkback, broken since Mantis 4669).
If there are no objections, I'll apply the update to the Kernel package
on source.squeak.org/trunk.

The patch seems to result in about an 8% slowdown for DateAndTime class>>now,
but is presumably still much faster than was the case prior to applying
Mantis 4669: [ENH] TimeForSpeed.

I think this change is the right thing to do, but I want to check with
you before applying it.

Thanks,

Dave