[squeak-dev] Improved MVCToolBuilderTests in source.squeak.org/tests

Bernhard Pieber bernhard at pieber.com
Sun Jul 12 18:25:48 UTC 2009

Am 12.07.2009 um 20:08 schrieb Bernhard Pieber:
> I just looked into the problem a little bit further. It seems that
> the new version is not loaded from the test repository because there
> is no update.mcm file there. Now I don't understand anymore why my
> ToolBuilder-MVC-bp.14 package version was loaded by the update
> mechanism.
> Am 12.07.2009 um 19:18 schrieb Bernhard Pieber:
>>
>> However, the update does not seem to work, though. I tried:
>> MCMcmUpdater updateFromRepositories: #('http://source.squeak.org/trunk'
>>  'http://source.squeak.org/tests')
>>
>> The "load code updates" button did not work either, i.e. the
>> version KernelTests-p4s.64.mcz was not updated.
My first explanation cannot be totally true.

I tried the whole process from the start:
1. took Squeak3.10-7159-basic
2. add the repositories trunk, test and inbox
3. loaded the latest version of MonticelloConfigurations
(MonticelloConfigurations-mha.42) from trunk
4. did MCMcmUpdater updateFromRepositories: #( 'http://source.squeak.org/trunk'
  'http://source.squeak.org/tests' )

Result: ToolBuilder-MVC-bp.14 was loaded from test, KernelTests-p4s.64
was not. I don't understand why.

Cheers,
Bernhard