[squeak-dev] Locating versions of a package

Ken G. Brown kbrown at mac.com
Sun Jul 12 18:36:31 UTC 2009

At 5:22 PM +0200 7/12/09, Bernhard Pieber apparently wrote:
>Hi Hernán,
>
>I just found an old mail from you - see below.
>
>Now I wonder how you compiled that list? It looks like a script. If yes, could you share it perhaps?
>
>Cheers,
>Bernhard
>
>Am 07.02.2009 um 10:21 schrieb Hernán Morales Durand:
>
>>Dear all,
>>  This could be useful for anybody out there trying to merge Monticello, or simply having problems with it. I've detected 17 monticello forks in several repositories around the world with latest versions dated from 2005. I assume that is not feasible to ask every developer who did a fork for his reasons, or reverse engineer every fork, so I've included a minimal list of basic functionality relevant for me and completed a few (see below). Feel free to add notes to any fork, or your results in your particular environment, or anything not listed like additional utilities or versions.
>>  My preferred version is Monticello-pmm.318 from '<http://source.lukas-renggli.ch/sm>http://source.lukas-renggli.ch/sm' . Apologies for the e-mail extension.
>>
>>Monticello versions by release:
>>======================
>>Squeak 3.4 : NA (but there is a backport : <http://www.arsol.net/squeak1/loadMonticelloOnSqueak34.1.cs.gz>http://www.arsol.net/squeak1/loadMonticelloOnSqueak34.1.cs.gz)
>>Squeak 3.5 : NA
>>Squeak 3.6 : NA
>>Squeak 3.7-5989 (Full) : Monticello-avi.183
<snip>

Did you catch the next message in the old thread copied here far below?
It is even easier now to get MC1.5 in an image, it is already in <ftp://ftp.squeak.org/3.11/Squeak3.10.2-build/latest/>.
Open that up, put this in a WorkSpace:
--
Installer upgrade install: 'Packages'.
Packages load: 'Squeak-dev image'.

Then doIt this, and you've added the latest OmniBrowser stuff:
--
  "load latest alpha version of OB directly from its Monticello repo"
      Installer wiresong

      Installer ss
              project: 'AST';
              install: 'AST-lr'.

      Installer ss
              project: 'RefactoringEngine';
              install: 'Refactoring-Core';
              install: 'Refactoring-Spelling'.

      Installer ss
              project: 'Regex';
              install: 'VB-Regex'.

      Installer wiresong
              project: 'ob';
              install: 'OB-Refactory'.

      Installer lukas
              project: 'omnibrowser';
              install: 'OB-Regex'
--

Then start building your additional personal image customization tasks for Sake.

Thanks Keith!

   Ken G. Brown