[squeak-dev] Maintaining Etoys in Squeak

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Mon Jul 13 11:13:45 UTC 2009

On 7/11/09 4:22 PM, "Milan Zimmermann" <milan.zimmermann at sympatico.ca>
wrote:

> HI Edgar,
>
> could you provide a link to a "do it" or the mechanism you used to unload /
> partly reload Etoys in the past?
>
> Thanks, Milan

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.smalltalk.squeak.beginners/4631

I do the unload at 3.10 times , but the reload was not ready , so Ralph
decide play safe and delay for 3.11.

I uploading a video to vimeo showing how to load again.
When vimeo give me news the procedure is complete, I send another mail.

Go to http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6056 for read about SqueakLightII

http://ftp.squeak.org/various_images/SqueakLight/SqueakLightII.7228.zip
Gives you the current image and into you have ReleaseBuilder3.11 showing how
to get rid of Etoys and others.

As nobody seems have interest in Etoys, I never polish my rough unload/load
procedure, but works in several cases for older Etoys .pr

I was able to load a classical "Drive a car" coming from Squeak 3.4....

I confident in learn from Etoys 4.0 image and very appreciate any help and
support of VPRI for doing some to all happinnes.

Edgar