[squeak-dev] Keith Hodges

Ian Trudel ian.trudel at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 01:17:43 UTC 2009

To all Keith Hodges of Earth,

Would you be so kind to trash Andreas in private? Stop wasting our
valuable time with your ever lasting bitter comments. The community is
focusing on you rather than meaningful discussions. For example, Ramon
spent quality time replying to your message rather than, let's say,
commenting on my idea about a migration tool. I am spending the time
to write this letter. A real waste of time. The spot light is on you
and in a very negative way. Isn't it what a "prima donna" is?

Please, I mean no disrespect to your efforts. You have resurrected
Squeak 3.11 and done a phenomenal work. There are many of your ideas
that have their technical merits. You are probably 100 times better
with Squeak than I will ever be and you have contributed much more
than I might ever contribute.

It is said that Altas held the world on his shoulders but what if
Atlas Shrugged?

Perhaps Keith Hodges is the Atlas of Squeak. You have put way too much
pressure on your shoulders, my friend. Then you eventually have
frustrations because you might not always get the recognition you
ought for. Reading through your emails, opinions and solutions make me
feel that you actually enjoy being one of the main articulation of the
future of Squeak and it is a private club with only one member. You
really enjoy throwing at people "You contributed nothing!". Or "Fork
off!@#".

My business experience made it clear to me that a project is not
successful on his technical merits alone. The projects with the most
interesting technical aspects tend to fail while others focusing on
other aspects tend to do rather well, still according to my
experience. Technical people should be part of the decisional process
but I would not agree they would be the sole to decide. That would be
a recipe for disaster.

Whether you like it or not, the turn of events is doing good to the
community, even *I* contributed (very modestly compared to you but
still) to Squeak because it's bloody easy. It's an act of
unselfishness since I still cannot and might never be able to use
Squeak on a professional front.

Remember, there are CCTV cameras everywhere in UK. We watch you Keith. :P

Your attitude stinks. Really.

Ian.
--
http://mecenia.blogspot.com/