[squeak-dev] Board mandate

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Wed Jul 15 11:56:10 UTC 2009

>>>>> "Keith" == Keith Hodges <keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk> writes:

Keith> Ok so whats the point of having a release team then, or any form of
Keith> protocol, we have just devolved the whole thing into a meaningless mess....

What's the point of having a release team that hasn't, in a year, produced a
meaningful release that people can download, or provided a system that invites
contribution?

This is what Andreas noted, and we (on the board) supported.  If you want us
out next year, vote us out.  But *we* want contribution and new releases,
because we believe *y'all* want that too.

It's that simple.  The barrier to contribution was too high, or maybe too
ill-defined.  Andreas came up with a way to get us back to "people can make a
difference".  I agreed.