[squeak-dev] Re: Cross fork development model

Keith Hodges keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jul 15 13:49:06 UTC 2009

> You are on the webteam, perhaps you would do well to realise that you
> are one election away from being replaced without consultation or
> consideration. If you go on holiday, be prepared for all your work to be
> replaced while you are away.
>
> this is simply not an acceptable way for our elected board to behave,
> and those who think that it is should resign forthwith.
>
> Keith

And just in case people are in any doubt about the board's
mal-functioning in its role as oversight and co-ordination.

The number of emails from the board or board members discussing release
issues with the release team in June, on the release list = 0 emails.
The last communication with any member of the board was recieved on 6th May.

Then the release team is accused of not producing an image.... when the
proposal clearly states that the image is not the deliverable being
worked upon. (move the goal posts why don't you).

The release team is then accused of not making contributions easy, when
the mantis process had just been completely automated for the first time
ever.

All of a sudden, the board is saying we want a new image, when a year
ago they were saying, don't bother with 3.11 since spoon aka Squeak 5.0
will be released in a month.

Keith