[squeak-dev] Re: Cross fork development model

Ian Trudel ian.trudel at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 16:02:22 UTC 2009

2009/7/15 Nicolas Cellier <nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com>:
> My understanding is all are insterested in sharing some bug fixes,
> Kernel improvments, Cog closure and VM improvments, light weight Cuis
> widget improvments, etc...
>
> Nicolas

It makes sense. It's important to have a deeper introspection in
regard to this, whether it worths the weight and efforts it requires.
Would a cross fork development model work if only Squeak people push
it? Provided that everybody is interested into sharing bits of code,
they should make it official with a clear statement and open
communication channels.

Furthermore, it also shouldn't make Squeak dependent on forks' fixes
and alike... we should have our own continuous flow of fix,
improvements and so on.

Ian.

--
http://mecenia.blogspot.com/